As part of the set-up process for your Placement, you can define Ad network Instances and arrange them in order of preference within the Console.
Configuring an Instance
Once you have configured mediated networks , you can easily add mediated network instances to your placement configuration.
Before you begin to configure your instance, make sure you have first added placements for the ads in your app. For details of how to do this, click here.
You must also enable mediated networks by adding networks' credentials, in the Mediated Networks section.
To configure an Instance, follow these steps:
- Login to the Fyber Console and select the app for which you want to add instances
- Next to the relevant placement from the placement list, click Add Instances
- Enter the details of the Instance:
- Instance Name
- The internal name of the instance in the Fyber Console and used in reporting.
- Ad Network
- The network for which you are setting up the instance.
If you can't find the relevant network you probably need to set it up. For details, click here.
- Instance ID
- Taken from the dashboard of the selected network. For a detailed guide on how to retrieve parameters per network click here and navigate to the relevant network guide.
- When finished, click Save Instance.
- The Instance you have configured is shown in the list under the relevant placement.
By default, instances are created with Auto CPM.
Changing Auto CPM
To change the default Auto CPM setting to Manual CPM, follow these steps:
- On the Instance line, click AUTO
- Under CPM Prediction Method, click the dropdown menu
- Select Manual CPM
- Enter CPMs manually, per country, as required
- If no individual countries are selected, apply the CPM to Worldwide option.
- Click Save
Editing an Instance
To edit an instance and change the settings, follow these steps:
- Click the three vertical dots and at the end of the row.
- Select Instance Setup
- Toggle the Capping and Pacing switches to display the settings.
- Enter the Capping and Pacing details, as required.
- When finished, click Save.
Activating or Deactivating an Instance
Follow these steps to activate or deactivate an instance.
- From the list of instances, select the instance you want to deactivate or delete
- Toggle the switch to either activate or deactivate the instance.
Deleting an Instance
Follow these steps to delete an instance.
- Click the three vertical dots and at the end of the row.
- Select Delete
You are prompted to confirm if you want to delete the instance.
- Click Delete to remove the instance.
You can also sort your waterfall by switching to "Manual CPM" and setting the actual CPM value. Alternatively, you can use Manual Prioritization and prioritize network instances above the waterfall, regardless of the their CPM.
For details on how to set up your placement waterfall using auto CPM or manual prioritization, click here.
Prioritizing Ad Networks
Once you have configured your placement, using the instructions here, follow the steps below to prioritize the order of the Ad Networks.
- In the Configure Placement window, click the cog icon next to the name of the placement
- Select the Ad Network you want to add
Ad Networks that have already been configured are displayed at the top of the dropdown menu.
Networks that have not yet been configured appear under New Demand.
- Enter the required parameters for that Ad Network and click Add.
If the credentials you enter are incorrect, you are presented with the following message, detailing the reason for the configuration failure:
- Enter the Ad Network Instance
If you have not yet configured Mediated Networks, you must do so in order to add instances.
For details on creating Ad Network Instances, click here.
- From the dropdown menu select the Bidding Type.
- Automatic CPM works using Fyber's price prediction algorithm
- Manual CPM uses the values entered manually
For multiple instances with different prices, it is recommended to use Fixed CPM.
- Once you've finished configuring the instance, click Add.
- Click Guaranteed Deals
Each configured Ad Network Instance appears, by default, under the Auto Optimized
- Click and drag the Ad Network you want to manually prioritize into the Manual Prioritization section
Setting manual prioritization overrides all instances under Auto Optimized and is not available for Programmatic Mediation partners.
Rearrange the Instances in the Manual Prioritization section by dragging and dropping them in the order you want them to be prioritized.
Add additional instances, if required by clicking on Ad Network Instance.
The order set in the manual prioritization, is the order in which the instances are called, before moving to instances under the Auto Optimized section.
Essentially, you can create multiple instances for each Ad Network and prioritize them in this section.
- Click the menu icon (three vertical dots) of each Ad Network to either Edit, Deactivate or Remove it.
Ad Networks (Instances) that are deactivated automatically move to the auto-optimization section. Clicking Remove, disconnects the Ad Network Instance from the Placement.
You have now successfully added and prioritized the ad networks (instances).
To improve inventory management capabilities for FairBid publishers, you can export the entire mediation setup of a chosen app including its Placements/ Variants/ Instances, and their configurations into an easy to use CSV file.
The CSV download button appears in the Placements tab of a selected app. When you click on the Download CSV, the file is downloaded and contains all of the settings of all the displayed inventory.
The CSV download action structures the CSV file that includes information about all Apps, Placements, Instances, their names, IDs, price floors, auto or manual CPM setups, country settings if those exist, and even the Variants if Multi-Testing is taking place.