The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the Fyber FairBid SDK to load and display ads from Tapjoy via FairBid mediation.
This is a six-step process:
- Create or login to your Tapjoy account
- Create an app in Tapjoy
- Create an App Placement
- Retrieve the parameters from the Tapjoy
- Insert the Tapjoy parameters into the Fyber Console
- Add the Tapjoy SDK to your integration
Tapjoy currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
Refer to Tapjoy for updates on supported ad formats.
Step 1: Create or login to your Tapjoy Account
- Create or login to your Tapjoy account. You can do it here.
- Click the link in the confirmation email to verify your account.
- After account verification, log in to their partner login here.
Step 2: Create an App in Tapjoy
To access Tapjoy’s inventory within the Fyber‘s Mediation platform, add your app and set up Ad Zones in your Tapjoy account.
Adding Your App
- If you are a new user on Tapjoy click Create App and follow the instructions.
- If you are already a registered user, click your name in the top right corner and from the dropdown menu click +Add App:
Defining Your App Settings
The Create your App Now window opens:
- Operating platform – iOS or Android or both
- Enter the following details:
- App Name
- Screen orientation
- Time Zone
- Tapjoy Usage Case
For newly created placements select the mediated under Fyber option.
- Enter the App Store URL or select the checkbox if the app is not yet in the store
- Click Create Now to finish.
Adding Virtual Currency
Now that you have created your app, the next step is mediation integration.
- On the Monetization Overview page, click the Monetization tab and then click Virtual Currency on the left menu bar.
All content units on Tapjoy must be associated with a virtual currency.
For more information on creating a Tapjoy Virtual currency, click here.
- Click Create Virtual Currency.
- Click Create Virtual Currency to open the Create Virtual Currency window
- Enter the relevant details:
- Platform: iOS or Android
- Currency Name, e.g. coins, gold, chips, etc.
- Currency Usage Description
- Default Exchange Rate
- Callback URL or No_Callback (Self Managed currency only)
- We recommend inserting NO_CALLBACK
- Initial Balance, the currency amount your user is given when s/he starts using your app.
- In-app virtual currency exchange to real world resources: no
The remaining fields are not required; leave them as is.
- Click Create Now.
Your newly defined virtual currency appears on your Virtual Currency dashboard and its status marked as Enabled.
- Click Create Virtual Currency to add another virtual currency.
Step 3: Create an Ad Placement
Set out below are the instructions for configuring ad placement with Tapjoy.
Now you have added your application, Tapjoy creates default placements for you. A placement is a specific point in your application where you can display content to your users. . This is the placement in your app where Tapjoy’s Video or Interstitial is triggered through Fyber‘s Mediation.
Placements must be user-initiated to work in conjunction with Fyber‘s Mediation platform.
- From the top-right toolbar click Create Placement:
- Enter the new placement Name and Description
Use the information set out below to create content for the placement.
- From the Tapjoy dashboard go to Monetization >> Create Content to open the Create Content window.
- Select the relevant ad unit you want to use and click Create.
- Complete the details to create your content
- Click Save to complete the process.
Step 4: Retrieve the Parameters from the Tapjoy Dashboard
To enable Tapjoy to work as an Ad Network on the Fairbid Mediation platform, you must obtain five parameters from your Chartboost account and later insert them into the Fyber Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
|SDK Key||The unique identifier of your application in Tapjoy’s system.|
|Placement Name||The unique placement through which Tapjoy delivers ads.|
|Publisher Reporting API Key||The unique identifier for the Fyber platform in Tapjoy’s system.|
|Ad App ID||The unique identifier of the app.|
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Once you have this information, you must configure Tapjoy’s Parameters in your Fyber Account and can take full advantage of Tapjoy’s ad inventory and reporting data on Fyber's Mediation platform.
Retrieving the SDK Key
Follow these steps to retrieve the SDK Key from Tapjoy:
- Click the app you want from the dropdown menu on the top right hand corner of the window:
The App Overview window opens.
- Click Settings >> App Settings:
- Scroll down to display the SDK API Key:
Retrieving the Placement Name
- Go to Monetization >> Placements and you can view the Placement Name:
Retrieving the Publisher Reporting API Key
- In the same place as the SDK Key, click the API Keys tab:
Retrieving the Tapjoy Ad App ID
To obtain the Tapjoy Ad App ID, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings >> App Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click Check ID and the Tapjoy Ad App ID is displayed
In the third step, Tapjoy provides you with links to external documentation for your configuration.
Click Finish to complete these three steps.
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of Tapjoy in your Fyber Account.
Step 5: Insert the Tapjoy Parameters into the Fyber Console
To enter the parameters obtained from Tapjoy and insert them into the Fyber Console, follow these steps.
- Sign-in to your Fyber account.
- Select your app from the App Management window.
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks.
- Select Tapjoy from the list
The Tapjoy Mediation window opens:
- Enter the Tapjoy app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple Tapjoy Instances.
- Click Save.
- To complete the set up, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the Fyber dashboard. For a detailed guide click here.
Step 6 Adding the Tapjoy SDK to your Integration
To add the Tapjoy SDK go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for Tapjoy.
To enable SDK Bidding for Tapjoy, click here.
Add the following frameworks to your project,
Add the libxml2.tbd and libz.tbd lib to the target by clicking the application target -> Build Phases -> Link Binary With Libraries.