The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the Fyber FairBid SDK to load and display ads from AdColony via FairBid Mediation.
This is a four-step process:
- Download the AdColony SDK
- Retrieve parameters from the AdColony dashboard
- Insert the AdColony parameters into the Fyber Console
- Add the AdColony Adapter to your build
AdColony currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
Refer to AdColony for updates on supported ad formats.
Downloading the AdColony SDK
To download the AdColony SDK and view the configuration settings, click here.
Obtaining the Parameters from AdColony
To enable AdColony to work as an Ad Network on the FairBid Mediation platform, you must obtain three parameters from your AdColony account and later insert them into the Fyber Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
The parameters required depend on whether you are configuring the network at the App Level or Placement Level in the Fyber console.
|AdColony Parameter||Description||Fyber App / Placement|
|App ID||The unique ID of your app in the AdColony system.||Both|
|Zone ID||The unique zone to where AdColony delivers ads.||Placement Level|
|Read Only API Key||The unique identifier for your AdColony account.
This enables FairBid to import performance data from your AdColony
account to use in reporting and optimization.
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Finding the App ID
To obtain the App ID:
- Sign in to your AdColony account with your User Name and Password
- On the AdColony platform, click Monetization
- Click App and either search for a specific app or click an app from the app list to display the Basic App Information
The AdColony App ID is displayed.
Finding the Zone ID
- On the AdColony platform click Monetization >> Select the App you created >> Zone Name
- Select the Zone Name and the Zone ID is displayed.
Finding the Read Only API Key
- On the AdColony dashboard click the drop-down menu on the top right
- Select Account Settings and the Read Only API Key is displayed.
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of AdColony in your Fyber Account.
Configuring AdColony with Fyber
To enter the parameters obtained from AdColony and insert them into the Fyber Console, follow these steps.
- Sign-in to your Fyber account.
- Select your app from the App Management window.
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks.
- Select AdColony from the list
The Adcolony configuration window opens:
- Enter the AdColony app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple AdColony Instances.
If you are configuring the mediated network at app level, fewer credentials may be required.
- Click Save.
- To complete the set up, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the Fyber Dashboard. For a detailed guide click here.
Adding the AdColony Adapter to your Build
To download the AdColony Adapter and view the configuration settings, click here.
For ProGuard users only, follow the instructions here under the ProGuard Configuration section.
You have now successfully integrated AdColony into the console.