The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the Fyber FairBid SDK to load and display ads from AppLovin via FairBid Mediation.
This is a six-step process:
- Download the Applovin SDK
- Create an AppLovin Account
- Obtain the Parameters from the AppLovin dashboard
- Configure AppLovin within Fyber
- Add the AppLovin Adapter to your build
- Configure Rewarded Videos in AppLovin's Admin
AppLovin currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Video (with Google Play Services version 9.0.2+ integrated in your app)
AppLovin banner height may vary per ad. Devices with bigger screens might receive banners with 90 point-height. If the banner must be 50 point-height, contact the AppLovin creative team to make sure the banner is resized accordingly.
Refer to AppLovin to learn about any additional formats they may now support.
Downloading the AppLovin SDK
To download the AppLovin SDK and view the configuration settings, click here.
Creating an AppLovin Account
To access AppLovin’s ad inventory through the FairBid Mediation platform:
Create an account with AppLovin.
For details on creating an account, click here.
Once your account has been verified you can login at their partner login here.
Obtaining the Parameters from AppLovin
To enable AppLovin to work as an Ad Network with Fyber, you must obtain two parameters from your AppLovin account and later insert them into the Fyber Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
The parameters required depend on whether you are configuring the network at the App Level or Placement Level in the Fyber Console.
||Fyber Placement / App
||A unique identifier for your AppLovin account. It is used by the Fyber FairBid SDK to Init the AppLovin Adapter for your apps.
||A unique identifier for your AppLovin account. It allows Fyber to import performance data from your AppLovin account to use in reporting and optimization.
||The unique identifier provided by AppLovin, of the bundle of your app.
||The area optimized by AppLovin to maximize your overall revenue.
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Obtaining your AppLoving SDK/Application Key
AppLovin automatically creates an application in your account after the first Ad Request is made with their SDK in your app. Therefore, there is no need to specifically create one on their Admin site.
The App name in your account is the same as the app name defined in your fyber.config file (Android) and/or Plist file (iOS).
To obtain your SDK Key from your AppLovin account and add the AppLovin Adapter to your build.
- Log in to your AppLovin account
- Click Docs.
- Select the platform your application is built on:
Once you obtain this information, you must configure the AppLovin parameters in your Fyber Account. By adding the above information correctly, you can take full advantage of AppLovin’s ad inventory and reporting data on Fyber's Mediation platform.
Obtaining the Report Key and SDK Key
Follow the steps below to obtain these parameters from AppLovin.
- On the AppLovin dashboard, click Account:
- On the left-hand menu bar click Keys to display the required information:
Obtaining the AppLovin Zone ID
To obtain the Zone ID:
- Go to the AppLovin dashboard
- Click on Zones on the left sidebar menu
The Zone ID is displayed:
If the Zone ID is unavailable, contact your Account Manager.
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of AppLovin in your Fyber Account.
Configuring AppLovin with Fyber
To enter the parameters obtained from AppLovin and insert them into the Fyber Console, follow these steps.
- Sign-in to your Fyber account.
- Select your app from the App Management window.
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks.
- Select AppLovin from the list
The AppLovin Mediation window opens:
- Enter the AppLovin app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple AppLovin Instances.
If you are configuring the mediated network at app level, fewer credentials may be required.
- Click Save.
- To complete the set up, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the console. For a detailed guide click here.
Adding the AppLovin Adapter to your Build
To download the AppLovin Adapter, click here.
Configuring Rewarded Video in Applovin’s Admin
Now the AppLovin Adapter has been added to your build, you must enable the Rewarded Video functionality in the AppLovin Admin.
In the AppLovin Admin:
- Go to Manage Apps and select the specific app you want to configure:
- Scroll down to the ‘Rewarded Video’ section and set the following toggles:
- Frequency Capping – Do not frequency cap Rewarded Videos
- Virtual Currency Details – The Fyber Mediation Adapter sets this, so you can leave the default values
- Display Pre-Video Modal – NO
- Display Post-Video Modal – NO
- Callback Options – Client-side callbacks only
- Click Save.
You have now successfully integrated AppLovin into the console.