The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the Fyber FairBid SDK to load and display ads from ironSource via FairBid mediation.
This is a six-step process:
- Create or login to your ironSource Account
- Create an App in ironSource
- Create a placement for your app
- Retrieve the parameters from the ironSource dashboard
- Insert the ironSource parameters into the Fyber Console
- Add the ironSource SDK to your integration
ironSource currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
Refer to ironSource for updates on supported ad formats.
Step 1: Create or Login to your ironSource Account
Step 2: Creating an App in ironSource
To create a new app in the ironSource platform, follow these steps:
- In the top right corner, click New App
- Enter the app details. If the app is already in the app store, enter the link to it.
- If the app is not yet available in the store select App not live in the application store
- Enter a temporary name for the new app
- Select the platform that the add is for - iOS or Android
- Follow the instructions on screen to set up Ad Units
- Click Done and your app is added to the dashboard
Step 3: Create a placement for your App
To add instances to the ironSource dashboard, follow these steps:
- From the ironSource dashboard go to Ad Units & Placements.
- Navigate to the relevant ad unit page and click the Edit icon to open the App Settings window.
The Instance Setting window opens.
At this stage you have the ability to set either ‘Optimized by ironSource’ or ‘Flat eCPM’ pricing types:
- Optimized by ironSource: ironSource self-optimizes to achieve the highest eCPM and revenue performance. This does not hold a static CPM value.
- Flat eCPM: Define a CPM that the ironSource Network must meet to serve an ad. CPMs can be set on individual or groups of specific countries, and on the global level. Global pricing is optional and can be used in conjunction with specific countries.
Guidelines for setting CPM Targets with ironSource
Setup 3 unique instances per waterfall: For every custom waterfall you are creating, on both the country and ad unit level, we recommend to create 3 unique ironSource instances.
- A high-priced instance that should be placed at the top of the waterfall, where ironSource serves its highest value ads.
- A mid-priced instance that should be placed in the middle of your waterfall.
- A low instance that should be placed towards the bottom of your waterfall or in the auto-optimization section, where we ironSource picks up the remnant inventory with the highest fill rate. It’s best to allow ironSource to automatically optimize eCPM for this instance to ensure highest fill.
Step 4: Retrieve the Parameters from the ironSource Dashboard
To enable ironSource to work as an Ad Network with Fyber, you must obtain three parameters from your ironSource account and later insert them into the Fyber dashboard.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
|App Key||The unique ID of your app in the ironSource system.|
|API Username||This is a unique identifier for your ironSource account.|
|Secret Key||Another unique identifier detailing the relationship between your account and ironSource.|
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Obtaining the Application Key
- On the ironSource dashboard, from the left menu bar go to Apps >> App Management
The App Key is displayed in the list of apps:
Obtaining the API User Name and Secret Key
To obtain the API User Name:
- Click on the email dropdown menu in the top right corner of the screen
- Select My Account to open the Basic Account Details window
The API User Name is displayed
- To obtain the Secret Key, click the API tab of the window
The Secret Key is displayed.
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of ironSource in your Fyber Account.
Step 5: Insert the ironSource parameters into the Fyber Console
To enter the parameters obtained from ironSource and insert them into the Fyber Console, follow these steps.
- Sign-in to your Fyber account.
- Select your app from the App Management window.
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks.
- Select ironSource from the list
The ironSource Mediation window opens:
- Enter the ironSource app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple ironSource Instances.
If you are configuring the mediated network at app level, fewer credentials may be required.
- Click Save.
- To complete the set up, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the Fyber dashboard. For a detailed guide click here.
If the publisher wants to use Offer Wall or Banners from ironSource or Unity their SDK can be started separately by calling the following for either Android or iOS:
IronSource.init(this, appKey, IronSource.AD_UNIT.OFFERWALL, IronSource.AD_UNIT.BANNER);
[IronSource initWithAppKey:@"appKey" adUnits:@[IS_OFFERWALL, IS_BANNER]];
IronSource.Agent.init (YOUR_APP_KEY, IronSourceAdUnits.OFFERWALL, IronSourceAdUnits.BANNER);
Step 6: Adding the ironSource SDK to your Integration
To add the ironSource SDK go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for ironSource.
For ProGuard users only, follow the instructions here.
You have now successfully integrated ironSource into the console.