The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the Fyber FairBid SDK to load and display ads from Vungle via FairBid mediation.
This is a six-step process:
- Create or login into your Vungle Account
- Create an app in Vungle
- Create a placement for your app
- Retrieve the parameters from the Vungle dashboard
- Insert the Vungle parameters into the Fyber Console
- Add the Vungle SDK to your integration
Vungle currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
- Banner Videos
Refer to Vungle for updates on supported ad formats.
Step 1: Create or login to your Vungle Account
Step 2: Create an App in Vungle
Follow these steps to create a new app in Vungle.
- Log in to Vungle's platform and click on All Applications located on the left menu bar
- Click on from the drop-down
- Enter the settings for your new app
Once you finished entering your details click
Step 3: Create a Placement for your App
- Enter the details for the placement in the app:
- When completed, click
The Vungle SDK Integration window opens, showing the details entered in the previous window
Step 4: Retrieve the Parameters from the Vungle Dashboard
To enable Vungle to work as an Ad Network with Fyber, you must obtain four parameters from your Vungle account and later insert them into the Fyber Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
|Vungle App ID||A unique identifier of your application in Vungle’s system.|
|Reporting API Key||A unique identifier for your Vungle account. Along with the Reporting API ID,
allowing your FairBid Mediation platform to import performance data from
your Vungle account.
|Placement Reference ID||This is the unique identifier of the ad unit, necessary to differentiate
Rewarded Video from Interstitial ads.
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Once you have retrieved this information, you must configure Vungle’s parameters in your Fyber Account.
Retrieving the Vungle App ID
To obtain the Vungle App ID, follow these steps:
Your App ID is displayed
Retrieving the Reporting API Key
To obtain the Reporting API Key, follow these steps:
Your Reporting API Key is displayed
Retrieving the Placement Reference ID
Follow these steps to obtain the Placement Name and Reference ID.
- From the left-hand menu scroll down and click Placements
The placements window opens and all Placement Reference IDs are displayed
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of Vungle in your Fyber Account.
Step 5: Insert the Vungle Parameters into the Fyber Console
To enter the parameters obtained from Vungle and insert them into the Fyber Console, follow these steps.
The Vungle Mediation window opens:
- Enter the Vungle app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple Vungle Instances.
- Click Save
- To complete the setup, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the Fyber dashboard. For a detailed guide click here
Step 6: Adding the Vungle SDK to your Integration
To add the Vungle SDK go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for Vungle
Vungle bidding is currently part of a closed beta. If you are interested in enabling it, contact your Fyber account manager
To use Vungle bidding, publishers must follow these steps:
- Integrate both the Fyber and Vungle SDKs
- In the Vungle dashboard, create apps and placements. Click here for more details
- Managed publishers automatically have access to Vungle Video Bidding
Self-serve publishers (non-managed) should contact Vungle via this form. This form is also available on the Vungle dashboard for any publisher who wants to activate Vungle
- When you are satisfied with the test results, go live with your apps
You must turn off Vungle test mode before going live! For more details, click here.