The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the Fyber FairBid SDK to load and display ads from Vungle via FairBid mediation.
This is a six-step process:
- Create or login to your Vungle Account
- Create an app in Vungle
- Create a placement for your app
- Retrieve the parameters from the Vungle dashboard
- Insert the Vungle parameters into the Fyber Console
- Add the Vungle SDK to your integration>
Vungle currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
- Banner Videos
Refer to Vungle for updates on supported ad formats.
Step 1: Create or login to your Vungle Account
Step 2: Create an App in Vungle
Follow these steps to create a new app in Vungle.
- Log in to Vungle's platform and go to the All Applications drop-down and then click Add A New Application:
- Enter the settings for your new app:
Step 3: Create a Placement for your App
- Enter the details for the placement in the app:
- When completed, click Continue.
The Vungle SDK Integration window opens, showing the details entered in the previous window:
Step 4: Retrieve the Parameters from the Vungle Dashboard
To enable Vungle to work as an Ad Network with Fyber, you must obtain four parameters from your Vungle account and later insert them into the Fyber Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameters are required, how and where to obtain them.
The parameters required depend on whether you are configuring the network at the App Level or Placement Level in the Fyber Console.
|Vungle Parameter||Description||Fyber Placement / App|
|Vungle App ID||A unique identifier of your application in Vungle’s system.||Both|
|Reporting API Key||A unique identifier for your Vungle account. Along with the Reporting API ID,
allowing your FairBid Mediation platform to import performance data from
your Vungle account.
|Placement Name & Reference ID||This is the unique identifier of the ad unit, necessary to differentiate
Rewarded Video from Interstitial ads.
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Once you have retrieved this information, you must configure Vungle’s parameters in your Fyber Account.
Retrieving the Vungle App ID and Reporting API ID
To obtain the Vungle App ID, follow these steps:
- Click the All Applications dropdown menu
- Select your app to display the app settings:
Retrieving the Reporting API Key
To obtain the Reporting API Key, follow these steps:
- From the left-hand menu scroll down and click Reports:
- Click on Reporting API Key on the Reports page:
Your Reporting API Key is displayed:
Retrieving the Placement Name and Reference ID
Follow these steps to obtain the Placement Name and Reference ID.
- From the left-hand menu scroll down and click Placements:
The Placements window opens and all Placement Names and Reference IDs are displayed:
Now that you have obtained the required parameters, you can complete the configuration of Vungle in your Fyber Account.
Step 5: Insert the Vungle Parameters into the Fyber Console
To enter the parameters obtained from Vungle and insert them into the Fyber Console, follow these steps.
- Sign-in to your Fyber account.
- Select your app from the App Management window.
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks.
- Select Vungle from the list
The Vungle Mediation window opens:
- Enter the Vungle app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple Vungle Instances.
If you are configuring the mediated network at app level, fewer credentials may be required.
- Click Save.
- To complete the set up, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the Fyber dashboard. For a detailed guide click here.
Step 6: Adding the Vungle SDK to your Integration
To add the Vungle SDK go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for Vungle.