A Placement (also referred to as an Ad Spot) is a location within your app where ads can be displayed. This might be defined when you open the app, between levels of a game or within your apps feed. An ad ad unit is the format that is served in that location.
Each ad unit accommodates one ad format. You must integrate at least one to begin showing ads from Fyber Marketplace buyers.
Fyber supports only one ad unit under each placement.
Ad Unit Types
Set out in the table below are the different ad types supported in Fyber Marketplace.
|Ad Unit Type||Size||Description|
(728x90 for iPad)
|A static or animated image or media usually placed in high-visibility areas on apps at the top or bottom of the screen.|
|Interstitial Display||Full Screen||Interstitial ads are interactive, full-screen ads that cover the app screen.
They are designed to appear between content and are placed at natural transition points or breaks, such as in between activities or game levels.
Their full-coverage is what differentiates them from other ad types, such as banner ads.
|Interstitial Video||Full Screen||An in-app full-screen video. Fyber recommends the following video aspect ratios: 16:9 (for interstitial phone and tablet), 4:3 (for iPads), 3:2 and 16:10. Fyber’s SDK runs videos with any aspect ratio, no constraints are put on aspect ratio.
Full-screen video ads are short (15-30 sec) generally with high eCPMs. For these videos there are three options: Skippable, Non-skippable and Both - this relates to the length of the video.
|MREC||300x250||MREC = Medium Rectangle.
It always has the dimensions of 300x250 and is a highly prominent ad unit, typically seeing higher than average click through rates.
|Rewarded Video||Full Screen||Ads where the user can opt-in to watch in exchange for an incentive — for example, an extra life in a game, an extended free trial, or virtual currency.|
|Rewarded Playables||Full Screen||Playables are Interactive ads that give users a mini preview of an app that they can try-out before downloading.
Rewarded Playables enable the user to opt-in, in exchange for an incentive in the app - such as an extra life or free tokens.
Marketplace SDK Ad Unit Behavior
Below is a description of each Ad Unit and their associated behaviors.
- A banner ad is a rectangular ad that can be either a static or animated image, or a combination of the both.
- It is typically displayed in high-visibility areas at the top or bottom of the screen.
- The ad can remain on screen, within the app’s layout, while the user is interacting with an app.
Interstitial - Display
- Interstitials are full-screen ads.
- They are typically shown during natural transitions throughout your app; for example, on app open or after completing a game level or while waiting for a new view to load.
iOS: The x-button appears on the top right-hand side with a 2 second delay
Android: The back button is enabled with a 2 second delay
Interstitial - Video
Fyber SDK Video Player Elements
- The sound icon is always available to be toggled On/Off by the user. A sound icon immediately appears in the upper left of the user’s screen with the option to mute/unmute the video.
- Fyber always supports the device's sound setting. If the device is set to mute, the ad plays with sound off. If the device is not set to mute, the ad plays with sound on, by default.
- Fyber has added a capability for publishers to override sound settings per user session according to the user's device settings within the app, starting from Fyber Marketplace Android SDK version 7.4.0 and iOS version 7.5.2.
Skip & Close
- Non-rewarded video 15s or shorter, are non-skippable and no skip button is shown. If the user completes the video, Fyber attempts to show the end card immediately following the video (with the x button on the upper right corner), else an x button appears
- Non-rewarded video, 16s or longer is skippable after 5s and a Skip button is presented in the upper right hand corner after 5s. If the user completes the video, Fyber attempts to show the end card immediately following the video (with the x button on the upper right corner), else Skip becomes X button
- A countdown timer immediately appears at the bottom left of the video based on video duration passed in VAST XML
Call to Action
- From Fyber Marketplace Android SDK version 7.3.2 and iOS 7.3.3 the text on the Call to Action button reads “Download” when the app store is detected as the landing page
Video Close Behavior
- When the user taps the X button on the video end card, they return to the app (i.e., resume gameplay)
- When the user clicks the CTA button during video playback, they are taken to the DSPs landing page (app store, in-app browser, deep link). Once the landing page is closed, the video resumes playing according to the Skip & Close logic which is described here.
- End Cards are generally a display or rich media ad that follows the video experience. End cards are shown when the video is completed or closed by the user and may be interactive. End cards often have a call-to-action for the user.
- Fyber recommends running end cards with all Video types to improve performance.
- MREC = Medium Rectangle.
- It always has the dimensions of 300x250 and is a highly prominent ad unit, typically seeing higher than average click through rates.
- MREC ads are commonly placed at the bottom of a users screen before scrolling down. It is generally the best performing ad size, as well as the most expensive/valuable.
Fyber SDK Video Player Elements Specific to Rewarded
- Rewarded Video is non-skippable and no skip button is presented
- The Fyber SDK handles the close button after 30 seconds (or sooner depending on video duration).
- Partners should not return their own custom close button or employ useCustomClose() function for rewarded video, as this could cause issues.
- The Fyber SDK presents the end card upon video close if a companion ad is included in the ad markup of the bid response.
- The Fyber SDK presents the end card upon video close if a companionAd is included in the ad markup of the bid response.
- Rewarded videos have the same end card behavior as non-rewarded videos. Countdown - A countdown timer immediately appears at the top right corner of the video.
- Partner should not return their own countdown timer, as this might lead to issues.
- Rewarded Videos must be 30s or less.
- Fyber does not have any orientation restrictions, we abide by app and device settings
- These are interactive ads of apps that you can actually play.
- The user can opt-in and try out the app to incentivize them before they download the app.
- Fyber does not control the Skip or Close button or the End Card on rewarded playables. These are dependent on the ad itself.