Fyber supports Apple’s SKAdNetwork versions 2.0 and 2.0 to facilitate app install and conversion tracking for our programmatic bidders buying on iOS 14+.
We are adopting a unified approach that allows our buy-side partners to maximize campaign and creative optimization. We are dedicated to ensuring SKAdNetwork is adopted in an efficient and optimal manner for real-time bidding.
Fyber is currently building support for SKAdNetwork version 2.2, which should be released in late Q1 to early Q2 2021
SKAdNetwork DSP Setup
Initial Configuration with Apple
- DSP registers for SKAdNetwork support with Apple:
Receives SKAdNetwork ID from Apple (must be lowercase)
- Receives Private Key from Apple
Creates an elliptic curve cryptographic key pair, referred to as the DSP's public key and shares with Apple
Configures endpoint URL to receive SKAdNetwork install validation postbacks
Integration Setup with Fyber
- Submit your Legal Entity Name and SKAdNetwork ID to your dedicated account manager as soon as possible, to ensure no disruption to supply access
- Remove IFA filters from your integration
- Update your integration to receive SKAdNetwork Bid Request and Bid Response extension objects and IDFV. Please visit the IAB OpenRTB SKAdNetwork extension for more details.
- Concurrently update your integration to receive Contextual Data Signals. Please visit our Contextual App Targeting page for more details.
- When eligible for SKAdNetwork, return a bid response with the necessary information, as described below
- DSPs will receive postbacks directly from Apple at their designated endpoints
- DSPs may forward postbacks to MMPs to enable marketers to have a unified view of their app installs
Testing SKAdNetwork with DSP Test App
- Please visit this page for complete details on how to end-to-end test your SKAdNetwork setup on Fyber
Fyber's SKAdNetwork Flowchart
If a DSP has at least one SKAdNetworkItem in the publisher app’s Info.plist, Fyber includes a new object in the bid request that provides the necessary information to create a signature. Object is only present if both the Fyber SDK version and the OS version (iOS 14 and above) support SKAdNetwork.
|version||Version of SKAdNetwork supported. Always "2.0" or higher. Dependent on both the OS version and the SDK version.||String||"version":"2.0"|
|sourceapp||ID of publisher app in Apple’s App Store. Should match BidRequest.app.bundle||String||"sourceapp":"880047117"|
|skadnetids||A subset of SKAdNetworkIdentifier entries in the publisher app’s info.plist that are relevant to the DSP.||String Array||["SKAdNetwork1.skadnetwork","
If the bid request includes the BidRequest.imp.ext.skadn object, then a DSP is required to pass all of the following parameters using the below object on their bid response. If the object is present in the response, then Fyber submits the click data and signature to the productView for iOS SKAdnetwork attribution.
|version||Version of SKAdNetwork desired. Must be 2.0 or above.||String||"version":"2.0"|
|network||Ad network identifier used in signature. Should match one of the items
in the skadnetids array in the request
|campaign||Campaign ID compatible with Apple’s spec. As of 2.0, should be an integer between
1 and 100, expressed as a string
|itunesitem||ID of advertiser’s app in Apple’s app store. Should match BidResponse.bid.bundle||String||"itunesitem":"880047117|
|nonce||An id unique to each ad response||String||"nonce": "beeeb65e-b3de-02420004"|
|sourceapp||ID of publisher’s app in Apple’s app store. Should match BidRequest.imp.ext.skad.sourceapp||String||"sourceapp":"123456789"|
|timestamp||UNIX time in millis string used at the time of signature||String||"timestamp": "1594406341"|
|signature||SKAdNetwork signature as specified by Apple||String||"signature": "MEQCIEQZRRyMyUXg=="|
Step 2: Setup Contextual Data Signals
Other contextual and device identifiers are critical to maintaining granular targeting post-IDFA. Please visit our Contextual App Targeting page for more details.
Yes. In this case, Skadnetids are passed as null.
Fyber is actively participating in the IAB’s SKAdNetwork Working Group and OpenRTB support for SKAdNetwork is subject to change as Apple updates its support versions. We welcome your feedback.