The RTB integration is executed through the Fyber Marketplace, which is fully assimilated into the FairBid Mediation Platform. It is the real-time-auction executor for the purpose of this program.
The full RTB integration specs can be found here.
General integration Information
- The RTB marketplace currently adheres to OpenRTB 2.5
- Timeout for bid responses (i.e. auction time) is 300ms
- Data center location is AWS Virginia, EC3 - please notify Fyber about your datacenter location
- Ad Placements supported are Interstitials (Video and Display), Rewarded, and Banners
There are several types of demand partners integration, all competing on a level playing field in the real-time auction:
- RTB DSPs
- Demand side platforms bid server-side, adhering to the RTB specs shared above
- Custom API Ad Networks
- These ad networks bid server side but have a custom implementation that does not fully adhere to OpenRTB.
- They could also be referred to as ‘pseudo-bidders’
- Programmatic Mediation
- These partners adhere to openRTB and submit bids in real time. They also have an SDK integrated on the publishers’ client (app) which renders the ads independently and gets full responsibility for playing the ad
- Traditional Mediation
- These partners participate in the auction as ‘mock-bidders’ based on advanced historical performance prediction
Fyber Auction Mechanics
|A||Mediation SDK is checking availability of ads with traditional mediation partners - the ‘mock bidders’|
|B||Request from SDK is sent to the RTB marketplace, with mediation availability information|
|C||Marketplace prepares the auction|
|D||Marketplace calls demand partners simultaneously - Programmatic bidders (DSPs, programmatic mediation networks and custom bidders) and traditional, non-programmatic buyers|
|E||Marketplace analyzes the buyers’ bids|
|F||Marketplace selects the auction winner, based on the highest publisher payout. The marketplace also takes into account publisher-specific preferences (for example, private marketplaces and other types of deals)|
|G||Determine the clearing price of the auction winner. For more details, click here.|
Programmatic Mediation buyers appear on the left of the diagram.