Fyber has compiled a checklist of steps we recommend publishers take to prepare for the release of iOS 14 for compatibility with Fyber’s SDK and app install attribution with Apple’s SKAdNetwork following an expected decrease in available IDFAs.
Update SKAdNetwork IDs on your info.plist
To participate in app install tracking with Apple's SKAdNetwork, each one of your apps must include ad networks’ IDs on its Info.plist. This will ensure publisher payout is maximized on all of your inventory without IDFA.
Implement all of Fyber's recommended SKAdNetwork IDs available in the following formats:
The Github repo is updated regularly, and we encourage taking the latest version before publishing a new app version to the App Store. Omitting an ID means preventing SKAdNetwork app install measurement for that entity buying on your inventory.
Ensure all SKAdNetwork IDs are in lowercase on your info.plist
Per Apple’s specs, you must lowercase the ad network identifier string for installs to be tracked on your app. Uppercase SKAdNetwork IDs will fail.
Update your SDK Version
- Marketplace SDK version 7.7.1 is the minimum required SDK version with SKAdNetwork 2.0 and Xcode 12 support
- We recommend updating to the latest Marketplace SDK version for additional contextual parameters capabilities and improved infrastructure
- Refer to our iOS SDK Integration doc and iOS Changelog for instructions on integrating ATT and info.plist into your latest
- Download our SDKs from Fyber’s UI or Cocoapods
Release your new app version as soon as possible
Don’t wait until the last minute - release your new app version with the newest SKAdNetwork IDs from Fyber on your info.plist to give users time to upgrade.
Note, the info.plist can be updated on every app version release without taking Fyber's latest SDK.
Unify your own Developer User IDs to represent users across apps
While buyers are expected to use IDFV for frequency capping, Fyber recommends having an available fallback based on the publisher’s own user identifiers. For more information, click here.
- If requestTrackingAuthorization(completionHandler:) is called, an app-tracking authorization request will be presented to the end user, and they will be able to disable tracking and the IDFA will be zeroed.
- In order to maximize Q4 revenue, we discourage publishers from showing the permission-to-track pop up, so that access to IDFA is maximized.
- The ID for Vendors is always accessible to Fyber Marketplace SDK. No special publisher configurations are needed to collect this data.