The intention of this guide is to help publishers streamline changes coming with Apple’s release of iOS 14.
Fyber has compiled a checklist of steps we recommend publishers take, to prepare for the release of iOS 14 for compatibility with Fyber’s SDK and app install attribution with Apple’s SKAdNetwork following an expected decrease in available IDFAs.
- Adopt Fyber iOS SDK 7.6.3 with IDFV support - available now!
- Incorporate SKAdNetwork IDs into your apps’ Info.plist
- Update your apps to run on Xcode 12 with AppTrackingTransparency support
- Update to Fyber iOS SDK 7.7.0 with iOS 14 and SKAdNetwork support which is due to become available in early September
- Unify your own developer user IDs to represent users across apps
Adopt Fyber iOS SDK 7.6.3 with IDFV Support (Live Aug 13th)
- Refer to our iOS Changelog and download our SDKs from Fyber’s UI or Cocoapods
- We encourage you to update to iOS 7.6.3 SDK to maximize buyers' spend on Limited Ad Tracking inventory today.
- Assist buyers in accessing IDFVs before IDFAs are deprecated with the release of iOS to be prepared for the post-IDFA reality
- Note: This is a straightforward SDK update with no API changes aside from an new call to pass Fyber your Developer User IDs
Incorporate SKAdNetwork IDs into Info.plist
To participate in install validation for Apple's SKAdNetwork the source app must include ad networks’ IDs in each apps’ Info.plist.
Programmatic ad buying uses the following framework for SKAdNetwork:
- Fyber's publishers are considered source apps under the SKAdNetwork spec
- Fyber's Demand Partners register and receive ad network IDs from Apple. Each Demand Partner running app install validation on Fyber Marketplace will have at least one SKAdNetwork ad network ID
Implement all recommended network_ids from Fyber’s Github repository to ensure buyers are able to monetize your inventory with iOS 14. Omitting an ID means preventing SKAdNetwork app install measurement for that entity buying on your inventory.
Update apps to run on Xcode 12 with AppTrackingTransparency Support
- AppTrackingTransparency support is critical to obtaining user opt-in consent (i.e., access to IDFA) on iOS 14
- “The AppTrackingTransparency framework presents an app-tracking authorization request to the user and provides the tracking authorization status.” Read more on Apple’s specifications.
Update to Fyber iOS SDK 7.7.0 with iOS 14 & SKAdNetwork Support
- In early to mid September, Fyber will release a new SDK with major upgrades including support for Xcode12, iOS 14 and SKAdNetwork for app installs
Unify your own developer user IDs to represent users across apps
- While buyers are expected to use IDFV for frequency capping, Fyber recommends having an available fallback based on the publisher’s own user identifiers
For more information, click here.