The intention of this guide is to help publishers streamline changes coming with Apple’s release of iOS 14.
Fyber has compiled a checklist of steps we recommend publishers take, to prepare for the release of iOS 14 for compatibility with Fyber’s SDK and app install attribution with Apple’s SKAdNetwork following an expected decrease in available IDFAs.
Update to Fyber iOS 14 SDK
- Please upgrade to Fyber's latest iOS SDK that includes major upgrades including support for Xcode12, iOS 14 and SKAdNetwork for app installs. Note: iOS 7.7.1 is the first SDK version with support.
- Refer to our iOS Changelog and download our SDKs from Fyber’s UI or Cocoapods
- Assist buyers in accessing IDFVs before IDFAs are deprecated with the release of iOS to be prepared for the post-IDFA reality
Incorporate SKAdNetwork IDs into Info.plist
SKAdNetwork IDs are case sensitive, and should be all lower case, according to Apple documentation.
To participate in install validation for Apple's SKAdNetwork the source app must include ad networks’ IDs in each apps’ Info.plist.
Programmatic ad buying uses the following framework for SKAdNetwork:
- Fyber's publishers are considered source apps under the SKAdNetwork spec
- Fyber's Demand Partners register and receive ad network IDs from Apple. Each Demand Partner running app install validation on Fyber Marketplace will have at least one SKAdNetwork ad network ID
Implement all recommended network_ids from Fyber’s SKAdNetwork list, available in JSON and XML format. The repo is updated regularly, so we always encourage taking the latest version before publishing a new app version to the App Store. Omitting an ID means preventing SKAdNetwork app install measurement for that entity buying on your inventory.
Unify your own developer user IDs to represent users across apps
- While buyers are expected to use IDFV for frequency capping, Fyber recommends having an available fallback based on the publisher’s own user identifiers
For more information, click here.
- If requestTrackingAuthorization(completionHandler:) is called, an app-tracking authorization request will be presented to the end user, and they will be able to disable tracking and the IDFA will be zeroed.
- In order to maximize Q4 revenue, we discourage publishers from showing the permission-to-track pop up, so that access to IDFA is maximized.
- The ID for Vendors is always accessible to Fyber Marketplace SDK. No special publisher configurations are needed to collect this data.