The purpose of this article is to guide publishers who want to use the Fyber FairBid SDK to load and display ads from myTarget via FairBid Mediation.
This is a six-step process:
- Create or login to your myTarget Account
- Create an app in myTarget
- Create a placement for your app
- Retrieve the parameters from the myTarget dashboard
- Insert the myTarget parameters into the Fyber Console
- Add the myTarget SDK to your integration
myTarget currently supports the following ad formats:
- Rewarded Videos
Refer to myTarget for updates on supported ad formats.
Step 1: Create or Login to your myTarget Account
Click here, to create your myTarget account.
Step 2: Create an App in myTarget
Click here and follow the instructions to set-up your app in myTarget.
Step 3: Create a Placement for your App
Click here and follow the instructions to create a placement (slot_id) for your app.
myTarget banners configuration
myTarget allows you to configure the Banner placements (slot_ids) by device type: separately for phones and tablets. On the myTarget dashboard, these ad types are called respectively: Banner Ad Unit and Leaderboard Ad Unit. You cannot use the same Banner Ad placement (slot_id) for both phones and tablets because a placement (slot_id) configured for phone will not render on tablet and vice versa. You need to create them separately in myTarget dashboard.
Use Banner Ad Unit that has fixed size 320x50 for phone placement (slot_id).
Use Leaderboard Ad Unit that has fixed size of 728x90 for tablet (slot_id).
In Fyber Console, in order to make a single FairBid Banner Placement universal for both phone and tablet we suggest configuring it with two myTarget instances: a Banner and a Leaderboard.
Step 4: Retrieve the Parameters from the myTarget Dashboard
To enable myTarget to work as an Ad Network on the FairBid Mediation platform, you must obtain the required parameter from your myTarget account and later insert it into the Fyber Console.
Set out below are the details of what parameter is required, how and where to obtain it.
The parameter required depends on whether you are configuring the network at the App Level or Placement Level in the Fyber console.
|myTarget Parameter||Description||Fyber App / Placement|
|Access Token||Allows you or third party services to access the statistics API of your account. This token is unified for all apps and ad units.||Both|
Alternatively, watch and listen to the video below to find out how to obtain the required parameters:
Retrieving the Access Token
- Sign-in to your myTarget account with your user name and password
- On the app information page, scroll down and select the app
- Click on the required ad unit and scroll down to the bottom of the window and click Access Tokens
- Click Show Token in the Access Tokens window
- The Access Token is displayed
Now that you have obtained the required parameter, you can complete the configuration of myTarget in your Fyber Account.
Step 5: Insert the myTarget parameters into the Fyber Console
To enter the parameters obtained from myTarget and insert them into the Fyber Console, follow these steps.
- Sign-in to your Fyber account.
- Select your app from the App Management window.
- On the App Management page, click Mediated Networks.
- Select myTarget from the list
The myTarget configuration window opens:
- Enter the myTarget app credentials and set the Instance name.
Instance name should be distinguishable in case you have multiple myTarget Instances.
If you are configuring the mediated network at app level, fewer credentials may be required.
- Click Save.
- To complete the set up, you must associate the network instance that you just created to the relevant Placement set up on the Fyber Dashboard. For a detailed guide click here.
Step 6: Adding the myTarget SDK to your Integration
To add the myTarget SDK go to the Supported Networks page and follow the guide while selecting the Configuration for myTarget.